Saturday 26 May 2012

Saturday Update

Spent most of the day out in the garden revising for my next psychology exam and then went to the crouch for a swim.

I've decided that open water swimming is like giving birth once it is over you forget about the pain that you have gone through.  This came to mind whilst I was swimming against the tide this afternoon.

I'd forgotten how hard it was swimming against the tide, with the wind blowing across the top of the water and every time you take a breath your face is covered with spray.  Then there is the buffing as the current under you pushes you in all directions as you are trying to keep to a straight line and on top of that the churning in your stomach starts as you succumb to motion sickness.  Not to mention the green water, loose bits of seaweed and the numb tongue you get due to the salt in the water.

But wow what a swim, the sun was shining and it felt great being back in the water, I was in the water for 40 minutes and swam 1 mile, and I am happy to say that no effects from the cold.


Hoping to go back out tomorrow going to try and get there for about 4.30pm, so if you fancy a dip I'll see you there.

meet Nessie from out visit to Scotland the picture above shows just how could it was out on the loch


This is a picture of Loch Ness and I have swam in that (well dipped), the water is black which is apparently due to there being a large quantity of peat in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment