Wednesday 23 May 2012

Pool Session

Sat my first Psychology exam this morning, seemed to go ok.  Following this I then went off to the pool for my first distance swim.  Completed 2k as planned in 46minutes, not a brilliant time, but that's the first of many distance sessions out the way.

Planning to up the distance by approx 500m a week.

I am going to have to do a search on kicking as mine is rubbish mostly because my arms and legs don't work in harmony with each other, which is quite important if I am going to improve my swim strength.

In a bit of a mood at the moment, studying for my exams, beginning my training and also on a diet.  Normally when I study I eat, not the healthy stuff, but lots of lovely sweets, which I have now cut out.  Most focus on a slimmer me.  I want to lose approx 3 stone although I need to ensure that I can still comfortably increase my time in open water without getting too cold.

Working a long day tomorrow and Friday so no up date until Saturday when I am hoping to have a swim down the crouch.

1 comment:

  1. Karen, have you tried 'My Fitness Pal'. Log on to it, its fabulous and I am hooked, hence losing 2 stone in 6 months. Type in what you ideally want to weigh on the day of your 'Big Swim'. The programme then works out how many calories you can eat a day in order to meet your goal. It is a 5min exercise each day, honestly, it takes not time at all. You just type in 2 weetabix, 3 cups of tea, a salmon salad and a bowl of ice cream, and hey presto, the programme tells you how many calories you have consumed. Then comes the best bit, there is a section for exercise. Type in 1 hour moderate freestyle swimming, and the programme deletes the calories. With this programme, as long as you dont go over the target calories that it has worked out for you, you know that you WILL meet your target weight by the time you BIG SWIM comes round. And a tip. What I used to do was type my food in about 5pm, then I know if I am about to have a bit meal that evening, I know exactly how many hours I have to put in at the pool. So basically, you pig out on carbs if you want to, because it has told you that you will have to swim for 2hrs! Or if you cant make training that night, then you already know how many calories you have left. If you decide to do it, link up to me on the programme, I am Bettsy123 coz it creates an automatic blog for you, so that we can see one anothers progress. Its fabulous.

    ReplyDelete