Thursday 9 August 2012

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it has been two and a half months since I last posted, so what have I been up to since then.  Well for about 6 weeks training went out the window because of my A level exams.  I often wonder why I open my mouth and agree to things, because for almost every minute of that 6 weeks when I was not working I was revising.  I can safely say I hate revising, but hopefully it will be all worth it, when the results come out next week. 

I did a little bit of training in July, but I was working away for a couple of weeks which stopped me and then out of the blue I developed a depressive episode, scarily I was that bad I could not even face going to work.  All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry.  It took so much will power to pull my self out of it, and I have spent the last few weeks working through the depression and now feel I am coming out the other side thank goodness.  I think the scarey thing about this episode is that I had no warning and could not put it down to being caused by anything in particular.

I am pleased to say that for the last couple of weeks training is back and I have entered the open water event at lakeside in september to give me a bit of a push, I am only doing 3.8k but really looking forward to it.

So back in the pool building up time and speed, and back out in open water on friday.  I have also been going to exercise classes at riverside ice and leisure these include different types of Zumba (totally rubish at these), body combat (still need co-ordination which I don't have but did enjoy it) and today I did a body pump session (this was brilliant) followed by a 1600m kick session in the pool.

Next week I need to achieve a distance of 3.2k to ensure that I am on schedule for my channel swim next year.  Hopefully will post at least every week from now on to let you know what I'm up to and how my progress is going for my second attempt next year.

Would be good it you could publish a comment and let me know what you are all up to at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ya stranger, well I was just about to think you had emigrated. Nnnoooooo, depression, know it well, horrid horrid illness. And so pleased you have managed to pick yourself up so quickly and re-establish motivation mode again. x. Well, I dont want to post what Ive been up to as it consists of weekends of racing 10ks and challenges of 15k's so its boring boring boring, but I am doing well. Im in the river, sea, lake about 4 times a week and knocking up the distance but our mutual friend Andy Jopson has given me some valueable advice. STOP !!!! Only two more races to go this year and they are only baby ones, 3k, so time to re-evaluate. Core body strengthening, yoga and weight training - Yikes, cant wait - I think!!!!!! Andy has just passed his Level 2 coaches exam and working towards level 3 now, so sitting in the car with him several times a week means I get an ear full of what I should be doing! LOL. Only kidding, hes a brilliant motivator and knows his stuff.

    Remember Lucinda Poddington (now bayliss), the girl who was in the next tent to me at Guildford for the 24hour challenge. Well her channel attempt was last week. Sadly she was pulled out with only 150metres to go, due to the fog being so heavy that the pilot wouldnt let her swim in to land. Whats your luck eh! So gutted for her as we have stayed in touch. She did it as far as Im concerned, thats real bad luck thats out of your control. Great you are doing September Lakeside. We was doing it but are now heading off on an open water training camp in Lanzarote so I had to cancel. Theres a 10k Bray lake and a 10k in Devon coming up in September if you are looking for events. Hope to bump into you (or swim into you) real soon. x.

    ReplyDelete